Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 problems.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fluffyfluf

fluffyfluf

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hello,

I do have some problems with my Windows 7.

First issue: I cannot make a back-up anymore. The only way to sent my files to an external hard drive is via Windows Easy Transfer.
It says that it is missing important parts on the system.

The second issue: All browers will stop working after about 10 seconds. I can kill the process whenever I want and restart the brower, but the issue persists. Counts for all browers.

Third issue: If I startp my computer it will load the BIOS as it should be. Then it goes to load Windows. Also no problems, but right after loading Windows, it is going somethimes in Startup Repair. So I go to Safety Modus with network capabilities and I re-install the drivers for NVIDIA (GTX650). After restarting the system, it will load without any problems for a several of days.

Fourth issue: When I am on my Desktop, the antivirus will be disabled automatically. I did not touch anything(Norton 360, 2013 By Symantec).

I had plans to do a re-install of Windows, but is someone else has a better idea, I would be glad to hear that.

Thank you for advice in advance.

Best regards,

Fluffyfluf

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download MiniToolBox and select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

#3 fluffyfluf

fluffyfluf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

My apologize for the delay in the reply.

Here is the url of the Snapshot.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/tPkuZvDuVtHT6mofh1bMSl0

If you need any more information about the system, just let me know.

Edited by fluffyfluf, 04 February 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Please run the MiniToolBox next time.

DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device

Did you install this virtual emulation software? I would suggest removing it completely.

CPU
Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz: 68 C
RAM
8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7P55D LE (LGA1156): 65 C
Graphics
1792MB GeForce GTX 275 (nVidia): 65 C

There seems to be a bit of high reading from your processor. Can you check the ambiance or feel the internal airflow of your tower by dusting out and maybe look for clogged cables obstruction and most likely checking the thermal paste of your CPU and making sure the heatsink is firmly seated. Check also your fans speed and or try opening up the side casing of the tower and check from time to time the hardware readings.

Tekken

#5 fluffyfluf

fluffyfluf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

If I do understand you well I need to do the following thing:

1: Check the airflow and look if there is any dust present. As yes, remove it.

2: I need to remove the DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device.

I do have a question for you:

If I open the side casing of my PC, where exacly can I find the hardware readings?

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

If I open the side casing of my PC, where exacly can I find the hardware readings?

Hi -
Sorry but jhayz is off line at the moment so I am just adding a few descriptions for you -

You can open the case while connected, and first just look if there is dust around any filters, then Unplug the computer to clean inside first, if needed -

There will be no readings up to the time you finish the cleaning and replace all items again, then re-post a new Speccy Snapshot.
This will then show a basic idea if what you did was OK, or if other steps need to be taken -

From there we can look to see if the system has improved at all -

Thank You -
EDIT - After some research -
Max operating temp for the i7 860 is 70C Anything around 70C this there is usually much concern for the item, as it should not run above 50 to 60C Maximum in most normal conditions -

Edited by noknojon, 05 February 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Opening the case was only intended for inspection purposes and cleaning if necessary. If there is an accumulation of dust in the heat sink and fan assembly of the CPU (this is on the motherboard, the large board which everything else connects to) you will need to purchase a can of air and blow out the insides, especially the fan and heat sink for the CPU. You can place a pencil through the blades of the fan to keep it from spinning while you blow it out.

Before you touch anything inside the case you need to touch metal, like the metal of the case if this is a desktop, to discharge any static electricity as a very small amount can kill components on the boards.

As Noknojon has posted, you can use the Speccy to take the new temperature readings. You don't need to post the entire contents of the scan, just copy the temperatures and post them in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 fluffyfluf

fluffyfluf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Alright. But I can do that on Saturday because of work I do not have much time for that now.

I know it takes not to much time now, but it is very busy at the moment.

Can this case be open untill I will reply back?

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

You can actually open the side panel. But I will reiterate the thermal paste and reseatting the heat sink if no improvement on the hardware readings. You can use http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Tekken

#10 fluffyfluf

fluffyfluf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hello,

My apologize for the very late reply back. I was to busy with other things that I completely forgot this topic.

I want you guys to know that the problem has been solved.

There was dust every where in the backside of the PC.

Since I have cleaned the dust the PC is running as normal again.

Thanks guys.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Glad to know you resolved your issue. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#12 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

And... Good Job :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users