Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FF not always remembering passwords

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tierra93

Tierra93

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I accidentally deleted all my passwords the other day in FF, and now the few I have in it, sometimes it's remembering and sometimes it's not and I have to look up and type in. I've looked at the passwords and they're supposed to be in there; however, sometimes showing and other times won't show even with closing tabs and windows and reopening.

Anyway to fix this?

It wasn't a problem before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Do you happen to be using any Ccleaner software related by chance? Is the option Remember passwords for sites checkmarked?

Tekken

#3 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

I can't find the "Remember Passwords" area. Where is it?

Thank you.

#4 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

found it and it's not checked. I hadn't run it since this started. And the passwords are in the password options> security> saved passwords, it's just not bring them up when I log on to a site and I have to go find them.

But it's about 50% of the time it's not finding a password in there.

Edited by Tierra93, 03 February 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Please checkmark it and hit Ok. All passwords encoded on sites will now be prompted with a 'remember passwords' usually on the first time you log-in to site with the option checkmarked. More information can be found here http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/password-manager-remember-delete-change-passwords

Edited by jhayz, 03 February 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Tekken

#6 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thank you very much for all of your help.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

You're always welcome. :)

Tekken

#8 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

It didn't work - still having the same problems

#9 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

What happens if you delete a password (after noting what it is), go to the site and enter/re-save the password when prompted?  Does it work next time?

If you visit a site over the years you can collect several password entries.  If you have deleted the most recent, you may be left with an outdated one (the URL may be slightly different for example).

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

You can go to the FF Tools - Options -Security tab and Saved Passwords then highlight/remove the particular troubling site. Next time you log in, enter the complete ID and password with the Remember Passwords checkmarked and FF will again ask you a prompt. Sometimes it happens. Make sure your not clearing certain cache files (password and autocomplete) when using third party softwares.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users