Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

POST probs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tizer

Tizer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hello all, i have a dell laptop, its running windows 8 and the model is an inspiron 17R SE

The past few days, it basically takes 2 attempts to start the computer, the first time i start it, the dell logo shows then instantly goes away again and it just sits on a black screen, i then have to turn it off via the power button and on second attempt every time it starts fine.

i followed some steps on dells website like removing all usb connections and making sure there were no cd's left in the drive and also tried taking out the adapter and batt and holding the power button down for 30 seconds but none worked.

I also was told on dells site to make sure the computer is booting as primary from the hard drive but when i checked the only option is uefi or somthing like that, theres no option to boot from the hard drive.

The laptop is only 2 months or so old and has 1 year next business day call out warranty on it but id rather just sort it myself if its simple than getting someone out in a few days.

please help, Tizer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Hello Tizer and Welcome to BC. :)

Did you checked the Dell support first on the Windows 8 aftermath installation problem? There were users on some Dell forums that were also facing the same issue.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users