Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some websites not loading?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 919 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Very strange. All was well when I went to bed last night but this morning many websites will not load. Obviously this site is working fine, but Facebook and almost every news site I visit (eg, CCN, BBC, etc) will not load. What could be causing this?

Update: The same websites are not loading in either Firefox nor IE

Thanks.

Edited by Hal06, 02 February 2013 - 08:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hi, Do you have by any chance another PC to confirm that the problem is with the computer being mentioned above? Are you connected by wired or wireless? Do you see a connection status by your system tray and by the router/modem?

Edited by jhayz, 02 February 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Tekken

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 919 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

No other PC to check. Some of the websites that are not loading on my computer are loading on my iPhone but some seem to be having the same trouble. I checked a few "down" sites and some indicate problems with Facebook but not with the other sites that my computer is having problems with.

I have a wireless connection. The connection status in the system tray says local and internet. Is that correct? I've unplugged the router (Apple Airport)twice.

Thanks for the help, by the way.

#4 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 919 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Not sure what happened but all seems back to normal. To my knowledge I did nothing except restart a few times. Maybe it was the internet and not me? Thanks for the help.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

It might have been your ISP having technical problems.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

The wireless signal might have been weak or some interferences that may have cause some sites unable to load on low bandwith. Glad you have taken the option of power cycling the router first. :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users