Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

environment sound-enhancement absent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheFabz

TheFabz

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

I recently got an Acer Aspir v5 laptop with a core i3 and windows 8 64-bit.

On my old win7 desktop, I always preferred listening to music using the environment sound-enhancement at: playback devices > speakers or headphones properties > enhancements.

On my laptop, the only thing available at said place is the "disable all sound effects" check-box, which seems stupid to have since, being the only thing there, I have no sound-effects outside of WMP that I can use!

There's also no headphones option at playback devices.

Does anyone know why this is, and if its possible to get the environment sound-enhancement on my laptop?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

you could go to acer and download sound drivers and re-install them to see if it helps ,you need your exact model # ,like v5-432 ect ect ,not just the V5
http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/drivers

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 TheFabz

TheFabz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sorry. V5-571

I'm downloading the driver right now. I'll say if it works.

#4 TheFabz

TheFabz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Now something really weird has happened!

Apparently, my RealTek audio driver (6.0.1.6690_W8x64_A) actually blocked a lot of the functions of Speakers Properties.

When I installed the driver, it uninstalled and reinstalled. After the first restart, after it uninstalled, Speakers Properties suddenly got a load of new features. After the second restart, when it reinstalled, they disappeared again.

So I just uninstalled the driver manually, and now I've got my new features!

Each tab in Speakers Properties has new functions. Enhancements now has Bass Boost, Virtual Surround, Room Correction, and Loudness Equalization.

However, I still don't have the Environment enhancement. I tried looking for it, actually, and got a very vague description about how it was a feature of win7. I can find that again if need be.

Edited by TheFabz, 02 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#5 TheFabz

TheFabz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

I truly hate bumping topics, but after this one fell off the front page and... well, I just really want that enhancement!

Edited by TheFabz, 16 February 2013 - 01:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users