Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Privitize VPN 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paolo3

paolo3

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic482820.html/page__p__2964773#entry2964773 - Hamluis.

You're very welcome Posted Image

Hello sir.. you all are too very kind. I have exactly the same problem. Installed PrivitizeVPN, caused all browsers to hang and freeze, and chrome to prompt an error "Unable to find locale data files. Please reinstall"

Tried Malwarebytes, uninstalling the VPN, System Restore, all no use :(

Should do all these steps and copy paste the txt files generated? :'( Thank you and also please keep me in your thoughts I am gravely ill

PS.. I tried the Junkware Tool and halfway through the computer always just shuts off improperly and I felt the laptop became hot and noisy. Could it have overheated from it? I've done it 4 times and it would always shut off abruptly and never finish. It went through and yielded a txt file of the results. However I am yet to do the eset scan online, so far the freezing is still there as well as the Chrome error message :( I did an ESET Scan and there were 5 detections but from older files of RegInOut 12 months ago :'(

Edited by paolo3, 02 February 2013 - 07:02 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paolo3

paolo3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi.. I also had the MagniPic.exe showing up in the Process tab of Task Mgr with more than 20 instances in there before uninstalling PrivitizeVPN. It was installed as part of PrivitizeVPN. I saw a very similar topic as mine in this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic483700.html

but I don't want to violate the policy of the site and follow the steps by the mods/experts in that forum thread. :'( Thank you so much.

Persistent symptoms:

1. Freezing of all browsers, Google Chrome showing up a message "Unable to find locale data files. Please reinstall". FF is fine on SafeMode

2. Lagging windows environment, all freezing as well.

3. Computer does not shut down properly.

#3 paolo3

paolo3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

My computer is a budget Lenovo laptop with a Win 7 64bit OS. :'( Thank you to all in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users