Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very slow Win8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rintone

Rintone

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

My computer has Windows8 installed and sometimes (most part of the time) i don't know why, it get really slow, so slow i can't even open a window without getting an annoying and long loading. I think it may be some apps or something of sorts but since i'm not used to this new OS i can't really tell and i seriously don't know were to look.
Can someone please tell me a way to know what's with my computer? Like, knowing everyday what the status of my computer? Cause right know it's fine but something like 5 minutes ago it wasn't.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Next time this happens, type Task Manager at the WIndows 8 start screen and click on the search result. Click on the More Details link and then click on the Performance Tab and see how much memory is being used. Also on the same tab check CPU. If its high, then go to the Processes tab and click on the top CPU header to sort by cpu utilization and see what process is using up your CPU.

Let us know how it goes.

#3 sinancem3

sinancem3

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I have a similar problem but I think mine is because my motherboard is covered with dust. My computer would just go freeze while loading win8... Like when I write my password it can just go forever and eventually freeze or it even freezes while it says Dell and the loading thing would just stop... If my problem isn't about the dust then I would be happy to help you!

I would be happy if you wrote your computer information which you can find at "My Computer" and right click on the page that opens and "Properties", just write your RAM, your processor speed and your computer model so I can actually compare yours and mine to see what is the deal with Windows 8...

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users