Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with LAN, crashing but it doesn't seem to be the hardware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JjGgRr

JjGgRr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I just bought a Rain Computer VFX, I have map a drive to my server here at work, but when I try to copy somewhat large files from the server, the card disconnects, I can fix it my disabling it and re-enabling it. I went though a support session with the people at rain and they are at a loss and they feel like it's related to the connection between my computer and the server. My computer is the only Windows 8 machine in the office. And the server is Windows 2003 server. I did update the drivers to the latest ones and the problem still exists

Anyone have any ideas?

If there is any additional information you need let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

If you give it a few minutes does it reconnect on its own? If you run ipconfig in a command prompt after a disconnect, do you still have an ip address? If so, can you ping it? Can you ping your gateway?

#3 JjGgRr

JjGgRr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sorry for the delayed response, I have just been having to work around the issue it's been so busy at work. 

It will not reconnect on it's own, I do still have an IP address but I can't ping it, the request times out.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Are you using a static ip address or DHCP? If DHCP, try static and see if it continues to occur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users