Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

left computer in car overnight, was working fine at friends house, now it just bluescreens??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blueangel42

blueangel42

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I brought my computer over to my friends house yesterday. played it, worked fine, packed it up, drove home. Was too lazy to take it out of the car at 2am last night so i left it till this morning. it got to around freezing last night in maryland. Now, i just took it out, and its booting up very oddly. It sometimes boots in a different way, but generally it starts up, goes to that temporary blue screen with the HP logo (its an HP pavillion)and the 4 different F11,12,etc keys. then it goes to the Microsoft loading screen with the broken-up green bar at the bottom showing its loading the OS. BUT THEN it goes to a black screen telling me the software failed to load, and to select windows recovery, or start up normally. starting up normally brings me to a black screen of nothing but i can move the mouse around. windows recovery---

i just looked at the blue screen windows recovery was giving me on my other coputer (i type this on my moms laptop)for the past 20 min i was typing this, and it seems to have FINALY loaded the recovery thing after 20-30 min. I thought it would just stay at the blank blue screen with the mouse but after 15 min it loaded the visual of recovery manager on the screen--but no menu options i could select, everything else was blank. and i just checked it now another 15 min later and its actually loaded the whole thing. So i guess ill be back if recovery doesnt fix anyting!

oh yea my OS
64bit vista
HP pavillion
Q6600 quad core intel cpu
sapphire ATI 6950GPU

Edited by blueangel42, 01 February 2013 - 02:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueangel42

blueangel42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

welp, i just clicked on system recovery, i thought it was the system restore thing where it restores your computer to a certain point in time, but it was the one where it formats your harddrive and puts it back to its original factory condition. not what i wanted to do as i stare at the screen and cant cancel a thing. bleep.

#3 blueangel42

blueangel42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

acutally i just looked at it again now and it just poped up with an error message
Error 0x4001001300001002
if this issue continues, contact HP support.

what the bleep.

I figured id stop updating with a new response everytime.

i clicked ok on the error and it took me back to the HP blue screen with the different F key options. i press a key, and it takes me now to the back screen with the horizontal white dash that flashes, then it says below it
BOOTMGR is missing
pres ctrl+alt+del to restart

and it starts the process all over again. HP blue screen with F keys. WHATTHEbleep.
could the error have interrupted the harddrive format and corrupted my entire system, which was completely out of my control?

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME ITS FRIDAY DAMMIT.

Edited by blueangel42, 01 February 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

If you did a factory restore and come up with errors right away...I'd say that points to a faulty hard drive...damaged key system files...or both.

Not much I can suggest other than running the HP hardware diagnostics, if possible. If not, then the appropriate hard drive diagnostic.

Louis

#5 blueangel42

blueangel42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Actually I can run the diagnostics test. I feel like it should have checked more items, but of the items it did all pass with a green check, I'm pretty sure one was the hard drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users