Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

finding files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cnnashman

cnnashman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I posted about missing files after malware cleanup seperately because i don't want to combine the two. I have a question about how to get rid of files i see in my Secunia psi program but never see them listed in windows uninstaller, Revo uninstaller or even Iobit uninstaller .

Thank you very much, the help is truly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hello -
Since you have no record of Malware Cleanup at this forum, could you please tell or link us to that particular item -

I think that one minor problem may be related to the IObit programs installed on your system.
It is unfortunate that this program / company has a habit of confusing some of your files, and makes them hard to find.

The first / best option is to remove IObit from your computer. Next uninstall Secunia PSI Version 3 if that is what you use.

Then you can install Secunia PSI Version 2, and not use the latest Version 3, that is a bit more complicated.
You may find the earlier version of Secunia is much easier to manage, and easier to handle for many people (me included).

Thank You -
EDITED to add Secunia 2 Link -

Edited by noknojon, 01 February 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#3 cnnashman

cnnashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for your response. I don't have any Iobit programs on my computer, i only use the portable Iobit uninstaller every once in awhile but it's not stored on my computer.

I have the Secunia version that your recommending and find it easy to use but Secunia shows programs that windows uninstaller does not and i want to know how to find these programs that Secunia is displaying so i can uninstall them.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

files i see in my Secunia psi program but never see them listed in windows uninstaller

Hi -
Do you mean Programs or Files. Files are not listed in Programs and Features, they are listed in their own area.

Can you give us an idea of the items you mean by Files ??

Thank You -

#5 cnnashman

cnnashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Oh ok, sorry about that. I attached part of a screenshot and i would like to how to get rid of programs like the 7 zip that is not being updated at the bottom, and the file hippo. I have no idea how they got on my computer because i didn't install them but i did move them to the bottom.

These programs/files don't show in my regular uninstallers.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1234.jpg   189.79KB   5 downloads

Edited by cnnashman, 02 February 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hi -
The 7 Zip is not a harmful program, but can be hard to find the Uninstaller. I have sent an email to FileHippo for further directions on how to remove the Updater.
Have you looked for 7 Zip in C:\Program Files\7-Zip there should be an executable called "uninstaller.exe". Navigate to this executable, run it, and 7-Zip should be removed:
Or have you looked in Windows Explorer for any of these programs ??

Meanwhile, you can try these programs that often remove hidden items installed on your system -

First - Download and run Unhide Unhide is a program that reverts back the changes made to your files and Windows Registry by the rogue.FakeHDD family of rogue anti-spyware program, that may be similar to the one that you have already removed.

Next - Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
If you are prompted, please disable your Antivirus - Information (temp disable) HERE
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with OK.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
AdwCleaner is a reliable removal tool for adware, toolbar and potentially unwanted programs.
AdwCleaner is a tool that deletes :
· Adwares (software ads)
· PUP/LPI (Potentially Undesirable Program)
· Toolbars
· Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage)
It works with a Search and Deletion methode. It can be easily uninstalled using the "Uninstall" mode.
The log can also be located at C:\ >> AdwCleaner[XX].txt >> XX <-- Denotes the number of times the application has been run

Next - Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop
Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts. Antivirus etc (see above) -
•Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users