Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No VGA signal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pedros1880

Pedros1880

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Hi All

I am scratching my head and thinking that other than grabbing a new motherboard I am going to struggle. My problem is that I bought a HP G5225UK Desktop with an integrated VGA graphics adaptor running Windows 8. The board doesn't have any other inputs for video. So it was working but I did realise the VGA socket could be temperamental. I just ordered a dedicated card Nvidia GT 430 but guess what? Yep this morning about to upgrade and boot to the new card I see no signal. Being Win 8 I am stuck (and unfamiliar with the bios access) I have tried 3 different VGA cables, 2 different monitors, had the back off and looked for obvious signs of damage or strain but nada. Other than returning the Desktop to the seller (might be difficult anyway) or replacing the motherboard (don't really want the expense) can anyone on this forum suggest a way to change the bios without seeing what your doing? Or a work around please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi Pedros1880,

You will have to enter BIOS setup and change the Primary Video Adapter from "Onboard" to "PCI-Ex 16."
  • You will need to see what you are doing, so plug your monitor back into the onboard video VGA port.
  • To open the BIOS Setup utility, turn on the computer and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the BIOS setup utility screen opens.
  • When at the Main BIOS menu, arrow across to Advanced.
  • Arrow down to Primary Video Adapter and press <Enter>.
    • Change the setting from "Onboard" to "PCI-EX 16."
    • Press F10 (save and exit).
  • Power off the computer and connect the monitor cable to the Nvidia GT 430 card.

Good luck.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 Pedros1880

Pedros1880
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for your reply :thumbsup: however the problem is that my onboard VGA isn't working. I am hoping that when I put the dedicated graphics card in my PCI slot the computer will automatically use that instead. Fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users