Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer is unbearably slow but not infected

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BigJohneyK

BigJohneyK

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

My computer seems to be very bogged down. Many programs freeze up and do the "not responding" thing and the internet constantly needs to have pages refreshed.

I have malwarebytes pro on here, I have a regular defrag schedule, I uninstall programs that Im not using. Im not sure why its doing this. I checked the task manager and there is like 50 tasks running- is that normal? The task manager cpu graph also spikes to 100 about twice a minute with zero programs running. When i run the internet the task manager cpu graph is steady 50-100. My internet is crazy slow, takes about 30-60 seconds per page to load. I make music on one program and when i render out or when im transfering a file through wetransfer.com or something "heavy" I cant do anything else, my mouse gets all choppy and slow and clicking on like another tab or something isnt happening. It basically doesnt do anything until the big things are done.

I dont understand, I used to run my media player, browse the internet with like 10 tabs open, and run like a paint program or something all at the same time. I have an external hard drive for all my music stuff so there really isnt anything on my computer, like 1 decent sized game and some personal files. I dont really do much on here...

Is it possible i deleted a program or something that is a part of the computers natural operating system, and it is tripping over itself or what? Doing a system restore would basically be impossible because I have been baring with this for a while and I dont know when this started and what programs/files I would lose if I restore back a few months.

I can take screenshots of the task manager or something if that would help.

Any help would be very appreciated,

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer. :)
Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 BigJohneyK

BigJohneyK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

what do i need to take a snapshot of

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi -
You could also list the Make and Model of computer and post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -
This describes what jhayz is asking from you - Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Follow These Directions
It will only show us some of the processes that are running on your system, and help us to see if there are any basic problems as a first step.
NEXT -
This one will show us more of the errors and program problems > >
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
List devices >>(Problem only)<<
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt) in your next reply -

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 01 February 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#5 BigJohneyK

BigJohneyK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

do you guys want my social security number too? Im not posting that stuff.

Edited by BigJohneyK, 01 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

That is OK with us -

Those are just standard diagnostic fools used every day on this and many other internet forums.
If there is nothing to view in the way of logs or details, then please tell us how we can be of help to you -

Since we are not able to actually look at the computers, we must ask you for some information to help us solve your problems.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users