Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 takes over 5 mins to start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wolfpackfans

wolfpackfans

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

AFter windows finally boots up, everything works fine except IE v9 that also takes forever to load a page and strangely, most of the dropdown menu items are grayed out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the same symptoms occur. I have reset to defaults and the long load time still occurs. If I try to maximize the IE window, it hangs and never frees. Also, if I try to enter a new url in a separate tab, IE freezes and never releases and takes a while to close.

This is on Win 7 Home Premium, SP1 64-bit with IE 9.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wolfpackfans

wolfpackfans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I should also add that other than standard startup items like the network connections, usb, volume and printer icons, only mcafee and AIM are set to start up upon boot. So it's not like a TON of things are starting up causing such an unusually long time for win7 to boot up. It could be closer to 10 mins to load. I am working on this pc for an elderly lady and have done windows updates, run malware and virus scans along with rkill, roguekiller, and many other tools. Super Antispyware found maybe 83 infections that I cleaned up, but no viruses or other things seem to be jumping out at me. There were a number of toolbars that I disabled and uninstalled. Interestingly enough, I cannot uninstall yahoo toolbar even with Revo. I've exhausted everything I know to do which is why I'm seeking help.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hi -
These are the methods that M/soft give for removal of Yahoo Toolbar in Windows 7 / Vista and XP -
Method 1: From the Yahoo Toolbar in Internet Explorer

• Open the Internet Explorer window.
  • On the Yahoo toolbar in the Internet Explorer window, click the Pencil button (Toolbar Settings) and then select Uninstall.
  • On the uninstall page, select Uninstall.
  • Close and then restart Internet Explorer to implement the change and then ensure that the toolbar has been removed.
Method 2: From Add or Remove Programs Window

• Open Start menu, and then select Control Panel.
  • Click the Add or Remove Programs link.
  • Scroll down the Currently installed programs list, and then select the entry for Yahoo toolbar.
  • Click the Change/Remove button.
  • Close and then restart Internet Explorer to implement the change and then ensure that the toolbar has been removed.
  • Always Reboot after removal
Hope it helps a bit -

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hi -
These are the methods that M/soft give for removal of Yahoo Toolbar in Windows 7 / Vista and XP -
Method 1: From the Yahoo Toolbar in Internet Explorer

• Open the Internet Explorer window.
  • On the Yahoo toolbar in the Internet Explorer window, click the Pencil button (Toolbar Settings) and then select Uninstall.
  • On the uninstall page, select Uninstall.
Method 2: From Add or Remove Programs Window

• Open Start menu, and then select Control Panel.
  • Click the Add or Remove Programs link.
  • Scroll down the Currently installed programs list, and then select the entry for Yahoo toolbar.
  • Click the Change/Remove button.
  • Always Reboot after removal
Hope it helps a bit -

#5 wolfpackfans

wolfpackfans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

I've already done both of those earlier this week. The yahoo toolbar doesn't show up on the IE screen and doesn't show up in the list of toolbars. However, it still shows as an installed program and when I try to uninstall using method #2, it hangs forever and never uninstalls. Revo sees it and the same thing happens, it hangs forever upon uninstall and never uninstalls. Yahoo toolbar may not be an issue, but I find it strange that it won't install and that I'm having trouble with IE taking so long to load a page and then when expanding the window to full screen or using a tab to open a new url, both pages hang forever and IE is non-functional and is even very difficult to close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users