Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infantry, Internet Cutt Off

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heyoldman

Heyoldman

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:51 PM

sometimes when i'm playing infantry, the internet connection just seems to cut off, what might be the problem of this, a virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

What kind of internet connexion do you have?
Does this completely drop the server connexion. and do you notice any lag just before this happens?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

First of all does it actually disconnect from the internet and you have to reboot to get it back?

And secondly if you have a router does it disconnect only from the router?

#4 Heyoldman

Heyoldman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

I am running Windows XP and use Charter High Speed internet. I am not on a network or LAN.

While the game is running, the connection is lost from the game and I have to log out of it. I do not have to restart the computer to regain the connection. The connection returns pretty quickly after I log out of the game and I can log back in, but it is very annoying as this problem happens frequently and every time I try to play this game. This problem also happens with other games such as online poker. In this software, I seem to lose the connection to the server and then after about 10-20 seconds the connection is re-established.

I have run the latest version of Adaware software, as well as ZoneLabs firewall spyware/virus protection and no severe infections have been detected so I am still unaware of the problem.

#5 Heyoldman

Heyoldman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:47 PM

if you guys can't help me i guess thats okay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users