After seeing people get stuck on installs or having BSOD on other OSes I thought this might be of help and still allow the users to repair their systems after using this to check email or research.Tails - The Amnesic Incognito Live System
Tails is a live system that aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leave no trace using unless you ask it explicitly. It is a complete operating-system designed to be used from a DVD or a USB stick independently of the computer's original operating system. It is Free Software and based on Debian GNU/Linux. Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.Anonymity online through Tor
Tails relies on the Tor anonymity network to protect your privacy online: all software are configured to connect through Tor, and direct (non-anonymous) connections are blocked. Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security known as traffic analysis. Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location.Acknowledgements:
- Tails could not exist without Debian, Debian Live, and Tor; see our relationship with upstream document for details.
- Tails was inspired by the Incognito LiveCD. The Incognito author has declared it to be dead on March 23rd, 2010, and written that Tails "should be considered as its spiritual successor".
- The Privatix Live-System an early source of inspiration, too.
- Some ideas (in particular tordate and improvements to our memory erasure procedure) has been borrowed from Liberté Linux.
- Portions of Tails are based on TrueCrypt, freely available at http://www.truecrypt.org/.
Here is the link if your interested; https://tails.boum.org/about/index.en.html