Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Reboot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adriancsndorsey

adriancsndorsey

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Not sure if I am infected since antimalwarebytes, AVG, and Superantispyware does not seem to be pulling up any red flags, but occasionally my computer will blue screen and then reboot on its own or I have to do it manually. Seems to happen once or twice every three or four days. I am usually playing music on the comp and browsing the net or gaming when it happens but occasionally it will just do this when nothing is open at all... like in the middle of the night. Any suggestions..?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 adriancsndorsey

adriancsndorsey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

I am thinking that it may be related somehow to the media files. The Pattern seems to happen mostly when I am playing music from frostwire, media player, google music manager or pandora... I just downloaded a pandora desktop app today and blue screen hit probably ten times... continues to do so after I removed the app but not as often... used ccleaner and defraggler... Antimalware pulled up a clean slate... Avg is also clean... I could be wrong but there seems to be a pattern with the media files.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Thus far, it does not appear that you have an infection. What is your operating system?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 adriancsndorsey

adriancsndorsey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

My Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
AMD Phenom™ II x4 955 3.20 Ghz
Installed Memory 8 gigs of Ram
64 bit operating system

#5 adriancsndorsey

adriancsndorsey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Not sure if this would help... I downloaded something called a Blue Screen Viewer from cnet.com... everytime it crashes it takes a report... Here is a brief summary of the last couple of crashes...
Crash Address Caused by Driver Caused by Address
Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 Ntfs.sys Ntfs.sys+b0c91
Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 Ntoskrnl.exe Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0
Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 Win32k.sys Win32k.sys+96440

Edited by adriancsndorsey, 01 February 2013 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users