Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems when Restarting/Shutting Down

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Madforit

Madforit

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

My computer seems to shut down fine but if I do an update or anything that requires a restart it will shut the screen off and the HDD will initially show some activity but then nothing happens.

This doesn't happen all of the time but more often than not.

A full shut down seems to work fine it's just a reset/restart that seems to hang on me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzz7

zzz7

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

It could be just finishing whatever update you did.

If it doesn't happen all the time ,don't worry about it.......it's Windows. :)

#3 Madforit

Madforit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

When it comes to a full shutdown it doesn't happen all the time (Hardly ever really),But it's when I try to do a restart that it just won't do it at all.
I have tried leaving it for ages and nothing seems to happen.

All updates are fully up to date,But this problem was happening way before the last 2 sets of updates were installed.

Apart from these updates I haven't installed anything on my system for a long time before this problem actually started happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users