Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant crashing, plus mouse pad failure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lalalee

lalalee

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I use an HP Pavilion DV4 laptop on Windows Vista.

Lately it's been crashing and going to blue screen when I go on youtube (not all the time but lately it's been happening a lot and I've since avoided it). I dont have a chance to write down exactly what the blue screen says but the title is usually "bad pool header" and said something about how there may be something that isn't properly installed. I then decided to do windows update and bring everything up to date.

But the problem has worsened. Now my mousepad wont click (I had to plug in a external mouse). I also noticed problems when working with programs that used flash (I was using a program that uses flash just before it spazzed out).

I also noticed a much slower start up time.

I'm not sure if its a virus or a hardware issue, but because of the blue screen I decided to post here.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lalalee

lalalee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

NVM I fixed it.

For anyone who ever has this problem this is what I did:

1) System restore, that fixed the blue screen errors and crashing with youtube.
2) to get the mousepad to click, I turned off my laptop, took out the charger and battery and held the power button for 10 seconds, I then left it like that for 10 mins and then reassembled and started it up. I can now left click. I think this is a common problem with the HP pavilion DV4 series since I found a lot of people complaining.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for letting us know that you have resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users