I really need a hand and am hoping that I help people a lot because I keep reading the same things all over the internet -"blue screen", "no program removes", etc. I am here to tell you that no matter which Windows operating system you have (I even spent money having Microsoft techs come in from India on NYE trying to fix this..,), the problem is not a virus, it is a hack -people all over the world are trying to figure this thing out, and they are missing something huge -"Boot X". This is what I know so far -
1. My problem started when I downloaded Norton Antivirus from Comcast (my internet service provider).
2. I really became bananas when I would do work for college classes, save, then wake up and have it be gone.
3. Upgrading/reinstalling an operating system doesn't change anything, because the hackers are operating from a virtual drive which conveniently stores all anti- spyware/malware programs (and manifests including but not limited to Spybot Search and Destroy, Superantispyware, GMER, Malware Bytes, TDSS killer, Kaspersky Rescue, I can go on, but what's the point -I have tried everything) that have been used in an attempt remove. Anyone else notice that once a program downloads, the blue screen 00000x00000 etc. pops up, making reboot necessary -that is because this hack is so bad that it changes the functions of the downloaded programs while we reboot.
3. I realized this "boot x drver" attached to my BRAND NEW, Windows 8 Pro installation disk -which means not only can you download programs, but you can't burn them either -same for usb.
4. Couldn't get rid of "INI" or Desktop ini -so I began digging, and found a program "slitaz" that enables a remote attack -plants a small 16bit operating system called Ubuntu into laptop computers http://www.slitaz.org/en/; tried emailing them, but obviously they are making lots of money spamming from our Gmail accounts, so they didn't respond.
5. When I put my installation disk back in, AGAIN, I tried via command prompt -"Administrator X" (obviously wrong, because it should be "C"), so I searched and found -http://fosswire.com/post/2008/04/ubuntu-cheat-sheet/ -I typed cmd: DISKPART, then Bam -tons of commands popped up; instructions, so to speak. Which then put a number on this "ini" thing -mine is MININT-D6GUMVE; and now I need help -I cannot figure out how to get it off!!!
If you have more than one control set, local, roaming, and local low app data, "ini" issues, devices that you don't recognize, computer professionals telling you that you have an issue with your video card -guess what? you have this too -every computer I have tried to use at a friends house or family members house has this thing too, so I really hope you guy can help!
Thanks so much!!!
Please reply w/ email firstname.lastname@example.org - this thing keeps changing my settings to block posts.
Edited by Jessica Scanlon, 31 January 2013 - 03:32 AM.