Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NT installed, and shouln't be; unrecognizable devices, ini, blue screen -not a virus; its definitely a hack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jessica Scanlon

Jessica Scanlon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

I really need a hand and am hoping that I help people a lot because I keep reading the same things all over the internet -"blue screen", "no program removes", etc. I am here to tell you that no matter which Windows operating system you have (I even spent money having Microsoft techs come in from India on NYE trying to fix this..,), the problem is not a virus, it is a hack -people all over the world are trying to figure this thing out, and they are missing something huge -"Boot X". This is what I know so far -

1. My problem started when I downloaded Norton Antivirus from Comcast (my internet service provider).
2. I really became bananas when I would do work for college classes, save, then wake up and have it be gone.
3. Upgrading/reinstalling an operating system doesn't change anything, because the hackers are operating from a virtual drive which conveniently stores all anti- spyware/malware programs (and manifests including but not limited to Spybot Search and Destroy, Superantispyware, GMER, Malware Bytes, TDSS killer, Kaspersky Rescue, I can go on, but what's the point -I have tried everything) that have been used in an attempt remove. Anyone else notice that once a program downloads, the blue screen 00000x00000 etc. pops up, making reboot necessary -that is because this hack is so bad that it changes the functions of the downloaded programs while we reboot.
3. I realized this "boot x drver" attached to my BRAND NEW, Windows 8 Pro installation disk -which means not only can you download programs, but you can't burn them either -same for usb.
4. Couldn't get rid of "INI" or Desktop ini -so I began digging, and found a program "slitaz" that enables a remote attack -plants a small 16bit operating system called Ubuntu into laptop computers http://www.slitaz.org/en/; tried emailing them, but obviously they are making lots of money spamming from our Gmail accounts, so they didn't respond.
5. When I put my installation disk back in, AGAIN, I tried via command prompt -"Administrator X" (obviously wrong, because it should be "C"), so I searched and found -http://fosswire.com/post/2008/04/ubuntu-cheat-sheet/ -I typed cmd: DISKPART, then Bam -tons of commands popped up; instructions, so to speak. Which then put a number on this "ini" thing -mine is MININT-D6GUMVE; and now I need help -I cannot figure out how to get it off!!!

If you have more than one control set, local, roaming, and local low app data, "ini" issues, devices that you don't recognize, computer professionals telling you that you have an issue with your video card -guess what? you have this too -every computer I have tried to use at a friends house or family members house has this thing too, so I really hope you guy can help!

Thanks so much!!!

Jessica Scanlon

Please reply w/ email jessicascanlon@comcast.net - this thing keeps changing my settings to block posts.

Edited by Jessica Scanlon, 31 January 2013 - 03:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kltsin

kltsin

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

The programs you mentioned slitaz and Ubuntu are legit OS's using the GNU/Linux platform, they can load in virtual ram or on usb sticks. In other words in itself they are harmless and very nice alternatives to using windows, I have been using Ubuntu for years to get access to windows files on broken hard drives as it has abilities, etc.. Having them installed on your system does NOT make your system vulnerable, in fact using them is much safer than any windows etc..

Ubuntu can install in virtual memory also known as ram or have a few sections of the hard disk allocated for it.

A hacker with access to your system using linux may have privileges but it would have to have been installed on the hard drive prior AND have complete access to your system a sin know your specific IP, your passwords etc . There are some virus's that use rom but they are known and if you use any decent antivirus and do a boot scan you can rule that out...

I guess what I am trying to say is that Either;
Someone had access to your pc (in house), like sitting at your desk using your windows login name and installing those to get something(?)....
Or
The hard drive has the Ubuntu and/or slitaz in a partition already. Re-installs will not affect a separate partition unless you know what you are doing.

Please don't start accusing of people of snooping/messing with you, lets just find out whats going on.

There is a free program that displays detailed info on your hard drive, the allocated sectors and what OS its running etc... err I dont see support for anything above windows xp, so let me get back to you on this or let someone else chime in, your native windows will show all drives and right clicking on the drive and then properties will give detailed info as well but I'm not sure about removing that partition safely if its there at all.

Once again Ubuntu/slitaz is safe and not an issue, what was preinstalled on your hd or who has personal access to it is up to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users