Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Surveillance Systems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IT_N8

IT_N8

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hey,
Didn't see a board for this topic... but am looking into installing surveillance systems at my house and for my parents. I'm new to this technology, so I'm trying to take in all the tech info as I browse. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions, recommendations, or FYIs on brands and features to look for. I ended up purchasing a Zmodo 4 channel system on Woot yesterday for a great price and seems to have the same features as some of the high-end brands. They apparently have terrible customer service, but seem to get good ratings on functionality. I was going to try it out at my house and see how the quality is, then make a recommendation as to whether my dad should get the same or pay more for a premium system. Also, They live in the sticks and the only internet they have is with a Verizon USB modem, so I'm wondering if I left that plugged in to a PC, then plugged the DVR system into the PC, if they'd still be able to view their cameras live, remotely? Any one that can offer any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users