Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Akkreditivsearch redirecting my Google searches when I use Chrome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kaljinyu

Kaljinyu

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Okay, so just a few minutes ago I ran a search, and it led to a site I always visit with no problems.

But when I clicked it, I was redirected to a search redirect under http://www.akkreditivsearch.net.

As far as I know this is only in Chrome, I haven't tested it in Internet Explorer 8. I'm busy looking through my Internet browsing history to see where this might've come from, but I'm not finding out where I went wrong this time. My whole search history is full of sites that are usually 100% malware free.

Which is why I'm so reluctant to test this in Internet Explorer 8. Because all I did was search, and then this happened. If Internet Explorer 8 is otherwise free of this, I don't wanna risk infecting it by searching.

So what logs do I need to provide before we can get started?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Good evening. :)

Follow the first post entitled Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help at the top of this part of the forum. When you have completed the steps, start a new thread and post accordingly remembering to include a brief description of any problems you are having and somebody will be along as soon as to help.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#3 Kaljinyu

Kaljinyu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Alright, I have the logs, I'm ready to make that new thread. If some kind and dutious soul with the power to do so could lock/delete this mistake perhaps? :whistle:

#4 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Done.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users