Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing program in xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Milenko

Milenko

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

I am linux guy,but i had to install Windows xp on my desktop,now I need to install some programs.I have put the program in to C.I go run then cmd then I go to C:\tsmp_mini.
What to do next?I have tsmp exe ,how to run it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzz7

zzz7

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

You're going to have to explain yourself a little better........I don't understand what you're trying to do?

Are you trying to run a program,if so it should be in the Program folder.

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

There is a file (by googling) tsmp_mini.zip, which you would normally extract in Explorer by double-clicking to open the zip or right-click and browse the menu.

Assuming that you are running XP, you double-click "My Computer", double-click the C: drive and you should see your file. If your file is already extracted and is an exe file, double-click to run it.

Start/Run is mostly used to run system files, though there is nothing to stop you browsing. You can access existing programs Start/Programs and select your choice.

Edited by Nanobyte, 30 January 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#4 Milenko

Milenko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Nanobyte, I have done this double click,but it does not install it.

#5 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Can you explain further what you have done? Have you booted into Windows and see the XP desktop with "My Computer etc"? Exactly what have you clicked or double-clicked? As I intimated, even the file you quoted C:\tsmp_mini does not have an extension. What is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users