Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI Virus Disables Safe mode, and shuts down video

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 semloh

semloh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ok so I am running Vista on a lenovo pc

Once I boot in safe mode it shutdowns and restarts autmatically after a few seconds

I have a cd that I can boot into windows xp with some software like OTLPE and others.

If I boot into xp with this CD I can navigate around for about 15 mins then my video shutsdown

If reboot to it again right away my video lasts for about 2 mins

I tried running Malwarebytes (already installed) but a runtime error 13 mismatch shuts it down

I can't get to system recovery from f8 on this pc I only have the options listed below
Safe Mode
safe mode with Networking
safe mode command prompt

enable boot logging
enable low res video
directory services restore mode
debugging mode
disable system restrt onfailure
diable driver sig enforcement

Normal

Thanks for any help you can give

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

What about safe mode with command prompt

#3 semloh

semloh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

all forms of safe mode reboot automatically

I can however get to a dos screen after I boot from the cd

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

We do not use OTLPE here.

Create kaspersky rescue CD and follow the instructions given here

http://support.kaspersky.com/8005

If you are able to boot after removing infections,let me know

#5 semloh

semloh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I have copied the iso file to a dvd but it does not boot to it, it just boots normally

#6 Gregelzz

Gregelzz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

try safe mode with command prompt when you get to the command prompt type explorer.exe

as with booting from cd rom you will have to change options in the bios to set the cd rom to the first boot device.

or sometimes computers have a boot menu e.g. pressing f12 or f10 on startup for 'boot options'

#7 semloh

semloh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I cant boot with any safe mode

I dont know enough about burning a cd/dvd to do this properly

The instructions for the usb are a lot more detailed so I made one of those but when I went into bios to set removable devices as primary they were not one of my options. As primary I could choose from Hard drive CD/DVD and two thing I dont know what they are IBE FE slot 240 (tried this and it didn't work) the other is generic compact

#8 semloh

semloh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Finally figured out how to get the cd burned. Booted the pc to it and got it up Chose graphic mode after a little bit it comes up and says unexpected error switching to txt mode. It halted at a black screen that said kavrescue ~ # after awhile I rebboted and went straight to txt mode and it worked. About an hour into the full scan process I lost video. I let it sit there for about four hours until the activity light quit blinking. Then I rebooted it and got a windows registry error vista can't start. I found a recovery disc that came with the pc,used it to install a second version of windows as it recommended. So what should I do now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users