Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locked files - Ukash?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gmbrereton

gmbrereton

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hello - can anyone help, I think I got attacked by ukash, I have MS security essentials and have run a full scan, also with malwarebytes, and the all the stuff from the MS web site, plus combofix but all tell me I am clear, but since I got the pop up and the message to pay 100 to ukash to have files unlocked I can no longer able to use itunes, 'Itunes .itl is locked or you do not have permission' message pops up when I try to start it, also all my MS office documents and jpegs are encrypted, but new ones that I create are ok, it seems anything prior to the attack is effected, I have even deleted itunes and re-downloaded it to no avail, can anyone help please, I am not an expert, it is a one year old sony Vaio and win7 64 bit premium. This is really important for work and personal stuff as my wife has a serious condition and we keep a lot of medical stuff in MS word which we can no longer open at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi

Does the Ukash ransom screen appear any more?

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users