Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very quick question about Hard Drive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mizzie30

Mizzie30

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

I have a trojan (backdoor I'm pretty sure) I was just wondering if I completely wipe my hard drive will it kill the trojan? Also is there any programs you recommend to do the job? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Good evening. :)

if I completely wipe my hard drive will it kill the trojan?

It should do. This link below will explain how to use Darik's Boot and Nuke which is designed to allow you to do what you are asking and is free to boot - no pun intended. The version used in the video is not the latest one available, but it should give you a good overview of things. Darik's site, and download link for the latest version, can be found here.
Should you have further questions about this process then post the relevant question in the appropriate forum in this section of the forum and somebody will be along as soon as to help.

Your situation may not need such a serious fix as a full disk wipe, so the above is simply an answer to your question and not advice as what to do. Should you wish a second opinion then follow the instructions here, start a new thread and post accordingly.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#3 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

As this issue appears to have been resolved, this thread is now closed.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users