Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek HD Eq

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pbf98

pbf98

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

In October I build a new pc, getting as close to everything I wanted as I could get. When I first started it up I loved it, and I had the Realtek HD Audio with eq, shortly after I updated the audio driver, and then the eq was no more. I still have the Realtek HD Audio manager, but it does not have the eq anymore. I tried rolling back the driver, but that didn't work.

I bring this up now, because I have a cheaper computer speaker system with a sub that has no volume for it and most of the time the bass is too much. So I was hoping to be able to just turn down the bass on the eq, but its gone..

So is there anyone that can help explain why this has happened? I have tried asking realtek but their customer service has never replied to any messages I have sent.

In case its needed my build is:

ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series PC1600 (4GB x 4)
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti-448 cores (Fermi) Classified Ultra
Samsung 800 Series 256GB SSD
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM
Corsair AX 850 Professional gold series

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

You could try uninstalling the device, rebooting, and then REINSTALL the original drivers. If you are using On Board sound do the same thing you did when you originally installed the drivers. If you have a disk for your motherboard use that to install them.

This is from 2009 so I don't know if it's still valid. You could check it out though.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/get-the-realtek-equalizer-back-in-windows-7-vista/

#3 bobwyman

bobwyman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

If you built it then you should know how you put the audio in it right? Find what version you have uninstall it then reinstall it. Realtek driver software is easily found on the 'Net. I think a good sound card is better than onboard. I do not recommend Creative products.. If you have a stereo amp, good speakers a sound card can really make listening to music a treat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users