Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with my notepad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mr.reaper666

mr.reaper666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

i have a 2010 dell insiron mini with windows xp home now everytime i try to goto anything microsoft related i get all kinds of error codes my laptop wont update it wont show anything via my browser ive searched and searched on multiple foprums and thought it was a malwere or antivirus problem so i downloaded microsoft security esentials and spy bot from cnet... and still nothing ... the reason im doing this is to watch netflix btw... so finally i gave up and downl0oaded silverlight from cnet... but now it wont update and when i click on a movie it says internet connection problems but when i check anything else my internet is working perfectly... if anyone can understand this can you plz help me? im so confused...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

everytime i try to goto anything microsoft related i get all kinds of error codes

What specifically do you mean by "anything Microsoft related", and could you post what exactly these errors are stating?

First you post

it wont show anything via my browser

which I'm guessing means that you can't open web pages.

But then you post

when i click on a movie it says internet connection problems but when i check anything else my internet is working perfectly

So what exactly is happening, in the first quoted statement you imply that you can't connect or open web pages, but in you second quoted post you state that your problem is with the movie website, I'm guessing Netflix. Please explain exactly what is or isn't happening.

Are you experiencing any instances of being redirected from your intended website to another?

i downloaded microsoft security esentials and spy bot from cnet

Had you been going online without an anti virus before downloading MSE?

Did you update the definitions on MSE and then run a scan with it?

There isn't any single program out there which can find all the different types of infections, for that reason I would suggest that you run other scans if you think you may be infected, like Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. Download these, update them and then run full scans with them. This will take some time, so be prepared to give them the time necessary to complete the scans.

If you think you may be infected with malware, the first place to start is in the "Am I Infected? What Do I Do?" forum. This is a centralized place where advanced members and staff can provide initial assistance with malware removal. If your issues cannot be resolved there, then you will receive further instructions as to what you need to do.

Edited by dc3, 29 January 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users