Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Google Chrome for downloading

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wrhatt

wrhatt

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I am running Windows 7 with 64 bit on a Dell laptop. I downloaded and installed Office 2010. I was offered an add on called BCM through Microsoft. Using Google Chrome web browser I went to the Microsoft web site and downloaded BCM. After it completed the download I clicked "Run" and it installed something called Driver Tuner 3.1.0. and not BCM. I had to use IE8 to properly download BCM and get it to install. What happened to my Google Chrome web browser? If it matters, when I open Chrome, there is a 2nd tab right behind it labeled "Search" that has the same links as Chrome. I've never used it and I assumed it is part of Chrome. Anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hello -
Here is a very basic idea of what BCM means, and what it is - This is an Auto inclusion with Office 2007 or 2010 -

The Business Contact Manager for Outlook. Uninstall that application, if you don't use it.
- OR - Download and install the BCM hot fix which is in the below given article and check if that helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935569
I have no idea why it upset Chrome, but I find that when downloading Microsoft specific programs I always use Internet Explorer only -

Regards -

#3 wrhatt

wrhatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

I didn't know if Google hates Windows so much that it refuses to download their products or if Windows hates Google so much that it refuses to allow Google to download its products.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

It is very odd -

Try the GOOGLE live link at the end of my signature to see if it will download any better.
I use IE 95% of the time, and I have always had Google as my home page without any problems.

I hope that you went to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstalled Driver Tuner 3.1.0. as this is a Rogue Program that will upset your settings -

Thank You -

#5 wrhatt

wrhatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I did go into control panel and get rid of the Driver Tuner. Unfortunelty I can't go to the download page for BCM since I have already downloaded and installed it. The website where I would enter my product key see's that BCM has been registered on my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users