Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 b4 bit BSOD black screen

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jca2012

jca2012

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800C9924E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800616DADC
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012813-30248-01.dmp
C:\Users\JCA2012\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-101759-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Does anyone know what this means? The problem I am having is this: Screen on Windows 7 pc 64 bit turns to black and everything freezes monitor light turns from blue to orange and my desktop is gone I have to hit the power button on the tower to shutdown and power it back up again. Happens every couple of hours or so. If I open up skype to make a phone call it does this to my computer as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

jca2012,

The STOP 0x00000116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR is usually caused by a video driver, overheating, or bad graphics card.

After posting the BlueScreenView text as requested by Allan, would you please also follow these directions to post a Speccy Snapshot so that we get a better look at your hardware.

Download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)
  • Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.

Thank you.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 jca2012

jca2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

==================================================
Filename : Unknown_Module_0e632f50`8010e0a0
Address In Stack :
From Address : 0e632f50`8010e0a0
To Address : 0e632f50`b4c3b88b
Size : 0x34b2d7eb
Time Stamp : 0x00000000
Time String :
Product Name :
File Description :
File Version :
Company :
Full Path :
==================================================

I will be posting the speccy next. Thanks you guys for your willingness to help me.

#5 jca2012

jca2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Wow this is a lot of info from speccy. Wish I heard of this program before.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/d1gXaQugEFZPJeek2ke1KRD

#6 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

jca2012,

1.) What is the service tag (7-8 alpha-numeric digits on the side or back sticker) for your Dell computer?

2.) Speccy failed to read the graphics card temperature. Can you confirm that it is an add-on graphics card (not onboard graphics)?

3.) Please download the free, portable Hardware Monitor: HWMonitor.
  • Unzip and run HWMonitor_x64.exe.
    • I am interested in seeing motherboard voltages and graphics card temperature.
  • Please follow the procedure below to create an image of the HWMonitor screen when the computer has been operational for an hour.
    • With the HWMonitor window open, full screen, press the Print Screen key (usually to the right of F12). This will copy the image to the clipboard.
    • Click Start and type: Paint in the search box to access the Paint program (top of column).
    • Move the mouse pointer inside the Paint white box, then <CTRL-V> to paste the image.
    • Click the diskette icon (top left) and save as HWMonitor.png to a memorable location (suggestion: Desktop).
    • Attach the image file to your next post.
4.) I would like to have a more detailed look at your recent minidump files.

Please navigate to the the Windows Minidump folder.
  • C:\Windows\Minidump <== this folder.
  • Note that the first 6 digits of each minidump file indicate the date ( 012313-10935-01.dmp).
  • Highlight the 10 most recent minidump files, then copy them to another location (suggestion: Desktop).
  • Highlight all of the minidump files on the Desktop, right mouse click, and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
    • A Compressed (zipped) folder will now appear on the Desktop.
  • When you click Add Reply for your next post, you will have the option to attach the compressed folder (see bottom, left).
  • Please attach the Compressed (zipped) folder to your next post by browsing to the location of the zipped Minidump folder.
  • Posted Image
    • Note: The Bleeping Computer Forum has a 512K upload limit on file size.
    • See how to Manage Your Attachments to delete old attachments.

Regards,
Brooks

#7 jca2012

jca2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Ok it is not an onboard video card. 3DZXHC1 is the service tag.

Edited by jca2012, 30 January 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#8 jca2012

jca2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

OK not sure that the folder was attached so i will try again.

Attached Files

#9 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hello,

You can see from HWMonitor that your graphics card temperature varied from 84C to 88C. Those temperature are high and probably the cause of your video issues.
If the computer and or graphic card is still under warranty, then deal with it from that stand point. If not and only if you feel competent and comfortable working inside the tower:
  • Make sure that all fans are working especially the graphics card fan.
  • With the tower powered off and AC power cord detached, clean all vents and fans (especially graphics card fan) with compressed air.
  • You may be able to install an additional tower case fan. There should be a good push --> pull --> airflow from front to back.
If after cleaning the inside, the problem persists, take the side of the tower off and mount a fan so that it blows on the graphics card. If excessive heat it the problem, the video issues should significantly lessen. This of course is for diagnostics only. If the fan significantly lessens the symptoms, then the card should be replaced.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users