Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

regtask software to open jpg in yahoo mail?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 donatello

donatello

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I went to my yahoo mail and was doing a jpg search. in the past, all the jpg's in all my mail showed as a thumbnail. NOW when I search, the mail that contained jpg's comes up but no thumbnails. At the top of the page states, "Open JPG (Recommended)Free Download To Open JPG Files Now! 100% Guaranteed.FasterPCDownloads.com" comes up. Not wanting to just download something I never heard of, a bit of research turns up that this or something with same name, is a trojan??? or am I wrong. What would you use to view jpg's (yahoo mail with firefox browser)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hi -
Are you sure that All the items that you are searching are Genuine, or are some of them SPAM that should be deleted (without opening) ??

Have you downloaded any ?? SpeedUpMyPC or similar type of programs recently ??

Thank You -

#3 donatello

donatello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

i recognize the emails from known friends/family. I've only downloaded known software (malwarebytes, etc.) from trusted sites like cnet.com or original vendors. NEVER would SpeedUpMyPC ! I think the commercials are deceiving and ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users