Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mach Speed Trio stealth Pro tablet Qs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flywelder

flywelder

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Allow me to share what I know of our tablet, I bought for the wife and I.
it is a Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 9.7C Internet tablet - Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich, 9.7" multi-touch 1.2 Ghz processor, 1GB DDR3, 8GB storage, WiFi, Dual web cams.

I had to enlist the grand son's help, and what he tells us I have to always take with some grains of salt,
and so he tells us that the tablet can't get apps unless they are from Amazon.

but he says it should have google play app or something google, but even he can't get it to get apps or downloads from anywhere but amazon so far. This is very frustrating for the wife and I, as we have wanted to get a weather and news app for our local TV station, WSOC ch9 and have not been successful!

So with now knowing the above, can u help us get to a place where we can then download Avast mobile security for our tablet? and the app for WSOC weather and news and to a place where we can get apps from, other than from amazon?

And by the way I will add that the tablet is slooow, truly slow, to load the web pages.
any help with that my friend.?

And would u share your opinion with me on this tablet.. do you feel it to be: good bad, weak, strong, entry level or mid range or high range tablet, etc. ... kind of answers and tips for improving it.
thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

If it doesn't already have the Google Play Store, you'll end up having to root it to put it on there. That's because the Play Store runs as a service that connects directly to your google account (email, docs, whatever else). You can't install a service as an ordinary user.

As for getting root, I only found one place that asked how. But none that explained doing it. So you may be out of luck with that one for now. I did only do a quick search, though. So it's possible I just didn't look hard enough.

There are all sorts of weather apps on the Amazon store. Most are free. You should be able to get the Weather Channel, NOAA or one of a whole lot of others that you can set to give you local weather.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Since you are actually running Android and not Amazon's proprietary version you may get away with side loading the Google Play APK. Google the APK and there are many suggestions on how to go about it. You may not necessarily need to root the tablet to get Google Play installed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users