Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Downloads Do Not Finish

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gr8Lks

Gr8Lks

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I have a new Windows 8 laptop and have been having issues downloading software/content. When I attempt to download software with Internet Explorer 10 it starts the download and then stops, typically in the range of 75 to 98% complete. This happened while trying to download Fire Fox as well as Adobe Reader. I also am unable to watch a full video on You Tube. It starts to download the video and starts playing after buffered but will only play the first 15 to 20 seconds and then stops and ends the video. I've disable my Kaspersky anti-virus but get the same result. In addition I have a Win 7 laptop with the same Kaspersky anit-virus and have no issues with downloading files or watching You Tube videos so I'm pretty sure its not the internet connection. I've tried both wired and wireless connections but have the same issue. Any suggestions on how Win 8/IE 10 handles downloading differently then Win7? By the way the laptop has no problem downloading Windows Update files through the updater tool.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users