Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot see SD card / SD drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sparky2000

sparky2000

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Windows 7 64bit
Realtech internal SD Card reader.
Using 4GB SDHC card inserted into it's adapter

Having problems with my SD Card Reader. I cannot get it to show up on the 'My Computer' screen. I cannot put anything on or off the SD cards. I can see the SD Cards in a partition program but not on my computer. I reinstalled the device driver, still no good. I tried various Microsoft fixes but nothing works. I tried to uninstall driver and let the laptop install the driver itself and it still does not work.

The problem is the same no matter if the card it formatted. Various other cards do not appear either. When I try to use Partition Wizard The SD Card appears and can be reformatted.

In properties I get this message ... This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Someone please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Did it worked before this partition program/software was installed? What changes have been made during this time? Please post the computer model next time.

Tekken

#3 Pretorian

Pretorian

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

If sometimes it shows the card this can be a "meta-trouble" half teh reader and half teh card.
First of all try to format the card with just one partition: fat32, try first with Windows normal method, leave all at default.

Also try to check in "Management" ( right click on COmputer and choose it ), then choose "Devices" and finally "Disk Management" if it see the card and what it say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users