Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Activation on more than one computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rivers1289

Rivers1289

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I was wondering if it's possible to have windows 7 on multiple computers without paying a fortune...? Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

The Microsoft End User License Agreement is for one system only.

Edited by Allan, 28 January 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#3 Rivers1289

Rivers1289
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

So how do small computer shops install windows on every computer? There's no way they pay for each of those... are they all illegal copies?

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

So how do small computer shops install windows on every computer? There's no way they pay for each of those... are they all illegal copies?

yes,most likely ,they are using bootleg copies,a topic that has no good outcome on bleepingcomputer.com

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

As I told you in my response to your PM, legitimate computer shops use OEM licensing for which they pay Microsoft.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hello -
Please read the (mainly second half) of This Topic Re:Licensing FAQ - Microsoft -
Only under certain circumstances can a Builder / Maker produce several OEM licenses that are Bulk Purchased.

Cloned versions made by some shonky repair shops are actually illegal and can lead to prosecution by law. A New license is required for each New install -

Original CDs / DVD can be used for Repair Install of the same Original Installed version only, but not for New Installing -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users