Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can anyone ID this Program???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kongfish

kongfish

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Ok,

I installed ( IObit UNINSTALLER ) because i have been trying to download Adobe CS6creative suites web & design for 4 days now and i wanted to clean my computer of alll Adobe files before i try to download it for the 500th time. (buts thats another subject) when i opened the IObit uninstaller it is showing this program file in the IObit uninstaller but not in my (programs & features(uninstall progam) in the control panel.

@C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1003

Does anyone know what it is?

any help would be great,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Do you have any of the features of Windows Live Essentials installed on your computer?

Windows Essentials is a suite that includes Windows Live Mail, Windows Messenger, Writer, Family Safety, Microsoft SkyDrive and Outlook Connector. I suspect that this is what the Writer is referring to. It's in the correct Program File for Writer. If you don't want to keep it you can uninstall. In Add Remove programs choose Windows Essentials/Remove one or more Windows Essentials programs and check the box for Writer.

If it is not installed it may have been at one time and could be a leftover entry after uninstalling Writer. Why you see the shortcut as an entry I have no clue.

Writer

Create stunning blog posts in minutes, with photos, videos, maps, and more. Then publish them to any of your favorite blog service providers.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-other-programs

edit to add: I just installed Writer. I checked and saw this C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll

I then uninstalled Writer because I have no use for it. I went back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer. The shortcut entry was gone but there are other leftover entries related to Writer.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#3 kongfish

kongfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

thanks i will just leave it i have all those things you said. Its just when i see it in the IObit uninstaller but not my regular windows unintall program i thought it was a virus, when i typed it into google i get results that show Virus.

DO you know how i can remove all Adobe entries from my computer? I have tried and tried to download adobe cs6 dreative suites and i keep getting a message that tells me there was a problem when trying to open this program after i finish the download and try to open a program in the Suite like Photoshop?

the Iobit installer isn't picking up all the entries and i don't know what else to do, i am scared to just start opening anny program and start deleting the adobe folders because i might be doing damage to files i need.
Thanks for your time on this matter,

Gary

#4 zzz7

zzz7

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Iobit is one company and their software I would stay away from .

Revouninstaller may help,but personally I would do a manual uninstall ,after you backup your registry.

#5 kongfish

kongfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

i will do the manual uninstall if you will provide me with the instructions on how to do it

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

did you try any of the adobe uninstallers

My link

Edited by caperjac, 28 January 2013 - 05:46 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users