Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Object Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 apg135

apg135

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Not sure why this is happening or how it started. But on certain websites, usually it seems when you need to type in a username and password, this little pop up box will display "object error" and you need to go into the task manager and shut down the website and start all over again. If you go back to one of those websites it will always pop up? Can anyone direct me how how to possibly fix this problem? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

The following addresses the webpage object error issue, it is from Microsoft Community.

Use the Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode

To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

If this resolves the issue, follow these steps to isolate the browser add-on that is causing the issue:

1. Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

2. Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage add-ons.

3. Click an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable.

4. Repeat step 3 until you identify the add-on that is causing the issue.

Edited by dc3, 28 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

From my personal experience check for privacy guard and unfriend checker.

If you have Privacy guard uninstall it.Disabling the addon will not stop the pop up.You need to completely uninstall it.

Edited by narenxp, 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#4 apg135

apg135
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Wow, I can't believe it was that simple, that is exactly what it was. I just had to uninstall the unfriend checker. I guess it got downloaded by mistake when a program was downloaded. Thanks again for both of your help.

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Excellent,thanks for letting us know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users