Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Spyware! Adware! Somthing!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 jeepxj86amc

jeepxj86amc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

Hi,

This probably isnt in the correct thread so if it isnt could a mod please move it in the correct one. I tried doing a search for it but the search button is not working.

I guess my father was messing with his comp and got some junk on it. I ran spyware tests and all that and it came up with a lot of stuff. I also made a HiJackThis log and was hoping someone could tell me if I got all of it out or not? I'd like to get this done by tonight so any help would be apreciated!

My HighJackThis log

"Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:14:13 PM, on 3/29/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v5.50 (5.50.4134.0600)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\MMKEYBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\KEYBDMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONSCREEN DISPLAY\OSD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPSYSDRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\MMUSBKB2.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\DIRECTCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RunDLL.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COREGA\COREGA USB-11MINI\WLANMONITOR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\HIJACK THIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS02
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-us2.hpwis.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ebay.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us2.hpwis.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us2.hpwis.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-us2.hpwis.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YT.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Delay] C:\WINDOWS\delayrun.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adaptec DirectCD] C:\Program Files\ADAPTEC\DIRECTCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Keyboard Manager] c:\Program Files\Netropa\One-touch Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Startup.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - Startup: corega USB-11mini Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\corega\corega USB-11mini\WlanMonitor.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\PROGRA~1\MESSEN~1\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MSN Messenger Service - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\PROGRA~1\MESSEN~1\MSMSGS.EXE
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://hp.my.yahoo.com

"

Thanks in advance, I really apreciate it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:45 AM

Hello jeepxj86amc and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I do not see anything seriously wrong in this HijackThis log. Can you explain to me the problems you are having in as much detail as possible please.

David

#3 jeepxj86amc

jeepxj86amc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

Hello jeepxj86amc and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I do not see anything seriously wrong in this HijackThis log. Can you explain to me the problems you are having in as much detail as possible please.

David

'
Hi,

Thank you very much!

My dad installed something called Zuninstaller and I looked it up and said it was a really bad spyware/ adware program. :thumbsup: I quick changed all the passwords for his accounts on my computer and all that good stuff then went through his comp to make sure it was all clean. I'm not very good at reading those things and thought I would get a seccond opinion.

So thank you very much! Also thank you to the mod who moved this thread, appreciate it! :flowers:

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

Hi jeepxj86amc

Just because the HJT log is clean, doesn't mean you system is completely clean. Let's do a deeper scan for malware:

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
  • Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
  • When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report along with a new Hijackthis log.
David

#5 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:58 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending me
a PM with the address of the thread using the link here. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users