Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Keeps Dropping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vosscharge

Vosscharge

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Howdy, any and all help appreciated.

This was a problem specifically around the same time last year, and eventually went away without any change leading to it. This year I figured it;d be nice to have an operating network before July.

I run on comcast, have a WRT160N router, and am operating on Windows 7. My connection speed is typically fine, but periodically and at no particular time, it will drop. It'll go down to 0 kb uploading at downloading for a period of 30 seconds or so and then return. I wouldn't have a huge problem with this if it were occasional, but this is guaranteed every few minutes. It's completely rendered me incapable of online gaming and most other activities I use this laptop for. I've taken the steps of altering my MTU, Fragmentation Threshold, prioritizing my computer in the QoS settings. Nothing, so far.

Again, any and all help is mucho appreciado.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Have you tried using another router first just in case? When I experience sudden drop connections on wired or wireless, I first check the modem and router activity led lights (DSL, Internet) to make sure that its not an ISP connection or router problem.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users