Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

double click frame to zoom in to text (emulate smartphone behavior)?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 randomystique

randomystique

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

i was thinking if there's a chrome/FF extension (or userscript) that allows the PC browser to emulate smartphone behavior. for instance, when we double tap on an area of text, it automatically zooms in to that area and wraps the text nicely around the window.

right now, i do it manually (using ctrl+scrollwheel, then adjusting the horizontal bar to make it fit). any recommendations for automation? :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I could not find anything that fits what you are looking for. You've probably looked and found existing extensions are fairly similar to what you do presently.

Out of interest I wrote some scripts with Macro Express and AutoIt. It only took a few minutes. They worked from a hot key (rather than double-click) and pasting into a new window at larger font or appearing in Notepad. I found that it was easier to select text with the mouse (followed by the hot key), so don't rule that out if you find such an extension.

I also made a version where it copied the text in the area so many pixels above and below the mouse. Worked OK but it could miss some text in the top and bottom lines where there was a mix of left-, centred- and right-aligned text. Unfortunately I don't know the programming for FF or Chrome so I can't help with the request. My basic apps did have the advantage that they worked for any document that has text that can be copied to the clipboard (and the text could be directly pasted anywhere else).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users