Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost wireless connections after running roguekiller

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 waterrov

waterrov

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hello everyone:

I had (2) viruses on my laptop running windows 7. A trojan ransom and another related file. I ran "Roguekiller" and after it scanned and found a number of infected files, I selected "delete" (I later found out that that was not a good idea and I should have been more selective). Problem solved as it successfully removed the virus even after re-boot. The problem I am now having is now my wireless laptop, printer and even WII with wireless cannot connect to my wireless router. My desktop computer that is PHYSICALLY connected to the back of the Netgear router is working just fine.

I would really appreciate everyone's help with this issue. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Try re-setting the router to factory settings.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2110924_reset-back-factory-default-settings.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users