Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox, IE & applications won't start - Chrome Does

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 angusb

angusb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

I am running windows 7 pro 64 bit and recently been having some issues I first noticed with firefox. Computer boots up and loads the main screen but then when I try to open firefox or IE nothing happens. some applications work fine (chrome, garmin training centre) but others will not open at all including the restore application, Itunes,msconfig and others.

The network and sharing centre icon in the tray had a blue circle over it as if it's trying to do something after 10minutes that is replaced with red cross and then after a further 5 minutes or so the red cross goes and all the things I was trying to open actually open.

If i open in safe mode with networking it is all fine and I can open everything straight off. The only new thing I have installed is nebak replicator a device that is meant to back up folders to a NAS.

I have Zone alarm anti virus and firwall latest version and that hasn't picked up anything. I have also scanned with spy bot and nothing there. attached is hijack log

Any ideas what I could do to investigate the cause?

thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzz7

zzz7

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

ZA has been known to block processes.........check that ,then see if the process is actually running in the Taskmanager.

If so terminate it and try to open FF again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users