Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPod MC086BT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dodsy

Dodsy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I have a old Ipod (MC086BT) 3rd Gen i think,its currentley on IOS 4.2.1, i want to update it to 4.3 for my boy to play minecraft on, is this possible? i have connected it to iTunes and its saying thats there are no updates for it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

From an Apple webpage (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353#iPod_touch_late2009):

"The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318."

That will help determine which model it is.

If it is a 2nd generation, then you can only go as far as 4.2.1.

If it is a 3rd generation, then you can go as far as 5.1.1.

Note that if you are on iOS 4.2.1, then you have to do any upgrades through iTunes...and iTunes will tell you if you have an available upgrade that you can do.  If it is not telling you there is an available upgrade, then it is likely a 2nd generation and you are as far as you can go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users