Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Stylus SX445W Printer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ayupmiduck

ayupmiduck

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Good morning guys.

I got bought this printer for my birthday last year 31/01.

It is a WIFI printer and does not come with a usb cable as standard.

I installed it using my notebook about 11 months ago, and used it to scan some documents. It worked fine, but the software CD came packed with lots of bloatware which caused my notebook to whirr loudly on boot up and I constantly had epson pop ups everywhere, so it was uninstalled.

I now have the need for a printer again and so started installing the software on my desktop (windows 7 - 32 bit)

Everything went fine, following the on screen instructions and doing as instructed on the printers small LCD screen. Until..... Came to do a test print and the LCD screen started displaying the error message "Printer Error. Turn Power off and on again."

I have followed the above instruction several times, but the message is still displayed each time preceeded by what I can only describe as a whimpering whistling noise :/

I have also tried unplugging the power and leaving it overnight, turned it on this morning and the message remains.

I have now uninstalled all of the epson software on the PC and tried again and the message remains. So I am out of ideas.

Any offer of assistance will be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I believe the printer is just about to come out of its warranty and I don't have a receipt anyway :/

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users