Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lights are on but no one is home.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EthanD91

EthanD91

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm having some problems with my internet connection yet I'm not sure where exactly in the forum the problem would go. The router works fine, lights are all on and everything is fine and dandy. I'm used a wiredconnection to the router and as I'm playing games on the laptop the connection icon within the bottom right of the taskbar pops up with an exclamation mark beside it saying that it can't get an internet connect. I have to reboot my laptop to be able to use the internet again.

Rebooting the modem does nothing.
Removing and then re-connecting the ethernet cable does nothing.
Only a restart of the laptop fixes the problem but I'm constantly afraid of the connection dying out mid-game. It happens within hours or minutes.

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Welcome Ethan :)
Have you tried updating your network drivers first? Please post the modem, router, OS and computer model next time.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users