Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

invalid IP address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mommalette1010

mommalette1010

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

My friend just got a hand me down computer and I'm trying to help him hook it up to the internet either through ethernet or wireless, which ever I can get working. When I finally got it to reconize my wireless it says "unable to connect to preferred wireless network: windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks. windows will keep trying to connect. to see a list of all networks, including others you can connect to, click this message." so I clicked on it, found mine, put in the network key, then it tries to connect but can't and comes up with a wireless network connection status with a repair option, so I click on repair and come up with the following message: windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address. for assistance contact the person who manages your network." which is me so what do I do about this? Information about this computer: System: microsoft windows xp home edition version 2002 service pak 2, Computer:toshiba satellite intel® celeron® m, processor 1.60 GHz,1.59GHz, 192MB or RAM. I also tried to go on help and support and its no longer on that computer.
any help is appreciated, thanks

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Have you went to the adapter properties to see that it is setup up for automatic addressing?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users