Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi connected with limited access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 the76thtrombone

the76thtrombone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I have a new Toshiba (not sure if that really matters) which came with Windows 8. The other 12 people who share my wifi used Windows 7. I don't know if that's important.

Main point: I am the only one in my house whose computer cannot use the wifi. I used it for about three weeks with not more complicatios than everyone else until a day or two ago. Now while others have normal access mine continues to be limited with not internet access. When Microsoft searches for a problem it says "Problems found: 'Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'". Do I need to do something with my computer, the modem, the router, or something else?

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

The other 12 people who share my wifi used Windows 7

Although routers can connect multiple devices at the same time by wireless there are some obstacle you must check first like the distance and interference. The wireless feature of the router such as channel and signal would be the clear probable solution. Depending also on your router, look for an updated firmware version that might stabilize your whole connection and try updating your network adapter if available.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users