Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need to set up PHP and MySQL on Apache server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sirdragon

Sirdragon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

HI Guys

I am a newbie, I am on a WebMaster course, unfortunetly the course is a little dated.

the course is for Windows XP and I am using Windows 7.

I need to find out which versions of Apache, PHP and MySQL are i) compatible with Windows 7 and ii) compatible with each other.And that will load up with manual installation.

I do not mind editing the httpd.conf as long as i can follow the instructions.

I am using a windows personal firewall mostly controlled by Norton 360 so will need info on setting up rules for use of 3306 port.

At present I have MySQL 4.1.21 (MSI installer essentials) PHP 5.0.4 Apache 1.3.33

MySQL loaded but couldnt get around security settings. works from MySQL command line.

PHP appears to be loaded but the code <?PHPinfo();?> does not return information on PHP version just writes out the code like its a html page in the browser.

Apache seems to run from the apache.exe but not from "cmd.exe" (admin privileges are set)nor is it available in "services.msc" and running a NET START Apache returns an invalid service.

I just noted. Apache loaded in Program Files (x86) not the default Program Files. Would this make a difference to its ability to run in cmd.exe?

I do not think these versions are compatible with Windows 7 or if they are how do i make them work?

all ideas gratefully received.

Edited by Sirdragon, 26 January 2013 - 11:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Install Xampp. It has everything you need.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

There are tons of tutorial sites to help get you set up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users