Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After Posting A Topic How to Stay On That Page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gonwk

gonwk

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi BP Team,

I have a problem ... after posting a New Thread, or replying to one, I get Kicked back to the Forum's Index ...

Q: How can I automatically Stay on my Original page, instead of going to the Index?

Now, I have looked under my User Settings Control Panel and I could not find anything. May be I am overlooking something! :wacko:

Thanks! :)
Totally a Newbie, Eager to Learn!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply, gonwk. What browser are you using? Have you cleared all your browser's cache and cookies, and tried again?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 gonwk

gonwk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hi Animal,

As you can see I am guilty of not responding asap either ... I had not checked my email for awhile ... family headaches ...

Anyway, my laptop has Vista Home Prem., I used to use IE8 and then upgraded to IE9 and since IE was making my life miserable, I went to Firefox and haven't looked back since. I am currently on latest version 19.0.

My Firefox is set NOT to save anything when I exit ... and I also regularly, sometimes Daily clear my Cache with a little proggie that I found here called "

ATF Cleaner (09-28-11 GeeksToGo).exe" ... as you notice I found it back in 2011 ... and since I have not been ableto find any newer release.

Q: So, could you guide me further or Suggest a Browser Cleaner for both IE and FF to use on a Daily basis?

Thanks for Your Help and this website.

G! smile.png

Totally a Newbie, Eager to Learn!

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hi -

ATF cleaner was designed originally for XP based systems but has been upgraded slightly these days.

I still use it on my XP system, but I removed it and Updated to whatever the current version is.

CCleaner is another option, but I find too many people use the Registry Cleaner section of the program

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) was designed slightly later. It is a "heavier" version of the same thing. However TFC will usually reboot your computer at the end of the cleaning / removal process. So I use it early in the day and not at night

My usual post for TFC is - To clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.
Download TFC by OldTimer from HERE to your desktop.

Double-click the TFC.icon to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista / Windows7, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

For either issue (Animal will correct me if I am wrong wink.png or I have misread it) -

To stay with, and follow your topics -

Click on Follow this topic (your post) and be sure the box is set to Receive Notification Instantly and there is a tick beside the box.
Now click on your name (top Right side) > Settings > on the Left side click Notification Options > In the new page that opens select the Options on the Right side of how you want to be notified.

Once the above settings are saved, there should be no reason to alter them -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users