Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD only after Norton reinstalled, repeatedly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeis

jeis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi.

Norton will not allow to be run installed anymore with BSOD error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ERROR.
Tech info: 0x0000000A (0x0000000, 0x0000000, 0x82cf57ad)
Also: 0x0000000A (0xc0636000, 0x0000000, 0x82cce7ad)
Crash dumped

Other error that had popped up are: Memory Management but ran a system repair and found no issue.

So, it began after installing a Norton Internet Security 2012 fix as prompted about a week ago and restarting a couple of times as you do to rest the pc, Norton worked fine until the last few days the pc just restarted and continuously restarting with BSOD.

Had to uninstall Norton to get the pc working using the Norton Removal Tool and restarted, then no problem.
Reinstalled from the web file and restarted and then crashed again and again... until the removal of Norton was done again.
occasionally the Norton install process did not complete before BSOD.

So now I cannot run/install Norton without a BSOD upon startup after logon. No other program was installed after NortonIS advised a manual update was required, as previously mentioned.
After a few days now running Microsoft Security Essentials with a full scan and no results, all is still great with no BSOD.

Today, I also installed MalwareByte Anti-malware with no result after reading throughout the web.
Attempted to install the free trial of McAfee Internet Security and all day would not connect to the server to download, believe it or not!

I'm at a loss now using a SONY laptop.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hi, jeis! I'm going to try to help you out. :)

I actually had a very similar issue a couple years ago with avast! instead of Norton, and I had the same symptoms as you; BSOD that went away after uninstalling an updates version of my AV. The particular error your getting means that system files that are being loaded at boot are malfunctioning, and in this case, the problem file(s) belong(s) to Norton. As such, I don't think the problem is an infection, rather a buggy core Norton file that doesn't get along with your system. I can still check your PC for infections if you'd like, though. :)

Gunto

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users