Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash player & office software

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

I am looking for a flash player similar to adobe that is suitable for an iPad4 Also office software similar to MS office or word etc?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Unfortunately there is no flash support for iOS. Microsoft has also not released Office for iOS either. Instead for office type apps, you can use Pages and Numbers.

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yes thanks Griner I had a feeling that maybe the case. So it looks like I will have to get Pages.

Thanks for your input. :thumbup2:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Any time :)

#5 Gregelzz

Gregelzz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

flash will never be supported by ios due to the apple vs adobe feud they had going on.
chances are that when html5 is made the standard markup language flash content will be handled by the browser.

there are apps that you can use such as cloud browse which loads your page on a remote computer and lets you view flash content altho this is a paid service i believe they have a trial available

#6 shakta

shakta

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I am looking for a flash player similar to adobe that is suitable for an iPad4 Also office software similar to MS office or word etc?

For office alternative, try Quickoffice:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quickoffice-pro/id310723177?mt=8

#7 CountJesus

CountJesus

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

For office alternative, try Quickoffice:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quickoffice-pro/id310723177?mt=8

CloudOn lets you run the full, desktop version Microsoft Office on your iPad:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/cloudon/id474025452?mt=8

It isn't ideal for touch, it can be slow because you're accessing a copy of Office running on a server, but it does work. You could also use the Office web-apps at https://skydrive.live.com/, which I have used a few times on my iPad to make some quick changes.

Edited by CountJesus, 22 February 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#8 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

I have tested nearly all the flash player apps (tbh there is only like 6) both on and off the app store. I have the best experience with puffin, and it has a free 14 day trial if your interested. It's not as convinient as on the computer, but it's MILES ahead of Skyfire or Photon, the two other most popular. The waiting times on Puffin are not all too shabby. I highly recommend it. 

On the topic of an office, I would concur with QuickOffice. It surprisingly is quite fully featured. Check it out as well.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#9 RayRoid

RayRoid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

For Office type Apps for iPhone I've found that Docs2Go is pretty handy (app is a little pricey, but worth it if you open, edit, or create a lot of word oe excel documents) plus it will sync with your PC. Unfortunately there is no real great solution for flash...photon works fairly well but flash just doesn't jive well with apple 

#10 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your input and helpful tips. Sorry for the late reply but I have been off line for quite sometime.. :thumbsup2:

#11 Kikero

Kikero

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Two other alternatives to those already proposed are Google Docs, as well as Skydrive. Both feature Microsoft Office like abilities, though all online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users